At Franklin Realty, Inc. we are committed to helping our clients in the best way we know how. One way is to have our Realtors study for the Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES) designation. This designation is important for our agents to understand the needs of customers and clients 50 and older. And since most of our agents are baby boomers, it really helps us also!
The SRES course includes topics such as housing, finance, and retirement income considerations of these consumers; and counseling strategies to help clients and customers plan ahead for life transitions.
The following are some links and articles that might interest you:
- Key differences in housing options, from age-restricted communities to age-in-place design to assisted living;
- Applications of the Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA);
- Ins and outs of reverse mortgages;
- How to use pensions, 401k accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions;
- Ways in which Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security affect real estate decisions of clients and customers who are 50 and older;
- How to recognize and protect their clients from mortgage finance and loan schemes and scams that target 50+ borrowers.
Association of American Retired Persons
Phone numbers that might come in handy:
| Financial Advisors:
Chaunda Catron/Merrill Lynch
Harrell Webb/LPL Financial Services
Ben Catlett/Edward Jones
Dandridge Family Optometry
St. Mary?s Jefferson Memorial Hospital
Jefferson Family Physicians
Dandridge Family Practice
Richard P. Talley
Jason S. Randolph
Nicholson & Morton
Larry R. Churchwell